HxD is a carefully designed and fast hex editor which, additionally to raw disk editing and modifying of main memory (RAM), handles files of any size.
The easy to use interface offers features such as searching and replacing, exporting, checksums/digests, insertion of byte patterns, a file shredder, concatenation or splitting of files, statistics and much more.
Complete feature list...
- Available as a portable and installable edition
- Disk-Editor (Hard disks, floppy disks, USB flash drives, CDs, ...)
- for Win9x, WinNT and higher
- Instant opening regardless of file-size
- Liberal but safe file sharing with other programs
- Flexible and fast searching/replacing of text (including Unicode), hex-values, integers and floats
- File compare (basic)
- View data in Ansi, DOS, EBCDIC and Macintosh character sets
- Checksum-Generator: Checksum, CRCs, Custom CRC, SHA-1, SHA-512, MD5, ...
- Exporting of data to several formats
- Source code (Pascal, C, Java, C#, VB.NET)
- Formatted output (plain text, HTML, Richtext, TeX)
- Hex files (Intel HEX, Motorola S-record)
- Basic data analysis (statistics)
- No file size limit
- Byte grouping
- "Hex only" or "text only"-modes
- Highlighting of modified data
- Unlimited undo
Includes some interesting features to analyze/inspect a
program's EXE-File or its running instance.
This ranges from PE-file information, window attributes,
Delphi/C++ Builder class details on running programs (also
when compressed/encrypted) to a color picker which translates
into different color formats.
184.108.40.206 (January 26, 2005)
||Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, XP, 2003 or Vista
- Easy selection of a window with the mouse or by providing a window handle
- Information about a window like Caption, ClassName, Font, Window-style and ExtWindow-style
- Delphi/C++ Builder class information: Class hierarchy, Caption, Font, Owner, Parent, VCL-version used to compile
- Translation of a color value in different representations: WebColor, TColor, corresponding system color, red, green, blue parts, hexadecimal and decimal
- Pixel can be selected by mouse; a magnifier zooms parts of the screen for easier selection
- PEInfo shows many technical details about PE-files (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, ...) and tries to identify the compiler and programming language used.
Selecting a pixel with the help of Property Edit's magnifier.