Short, non-legally binding version
- HxD is free of charge for private and commercial use.
- Since it is free, feedback that shows what you did with HxD, where or why you use it, or any other motivating feedback is welcome.
- Selling HxD is not allowed.
- Distributing it as part of magazine addon CDs / DVDs / other media or putting it on download portals or private websites is allowed and welcome.
- If you publish or distribute HxD, a note is welcome, but not required if it agrees with the terms below.
For details, please see below.
Legally binding version
HxD Copyright© 2002-2014 by Maël Hörz. All rights reserved.
"Software" refers to HxD and all files packaged with this program, including documentation. It does not refer to other files created or modified with HxD.
The Software is provided "as-is", without any express or implied warranty, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In no event shall the author be held liable for any damages arising from the direct or indirect use of the Software. The user must assume the entire risk of using the Software, knowing in particular that the Software is not designed or intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, where its failure to perform, misuse or inability to use adequately can reasonably be expected to lead to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage.
Right of use and distribution
Permission is granted to anyone to use this Software free of charge for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to redistribute it, provided that the warranty disclaimer is accepted and the following conditions are met:
- All redistributions must keep the original package intact. No file may be removed or modified. Especially you must retain all copyright notices that are currently in place, and this license without modification.
- The origin of this Software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original Software.
- You may distribute this Software using any medium you see fit, provided you do not charge the user for the Software itself (see details below). Allowed distribution channels include magazine's addon CDs / DVDs / other addon media, download portals, your personal website, or other distribution media, if the following conditions are met:
- No payment before downloads and no wrapper installers that have ads or install adware / spyware.
- Ads on the pages of your download portal or website are acceptable.
- Explicitly allowed is payed content, as typical for printed magazines or books, where the Software is an addon (and not the main content). If it is a digital magazine or e-book, please notify your readers in a freely accessible part, that the Software is Freeware and optionally provide a link to http://mh-nexus.de/hxd .
- If you want to bundle HxD with other commerical /payed products, please contact me.
|Copyright © 2003-2017 Maël Hörz.|